Sunday, July 12, 2009

a little about me


hi,
thanks for “clicking” by,

I’d like to use "blogger" as a way of letting people know about my little business and to give more insight into the girl behind the machine……..as it seems that's the thing to do these days.....and I check out everyones blog and they all look so great....... so what I think will happen is when I get an idea I'd like to share regarding my craft business, I'll post it, otherwise I think I'll tell stories...the latest story I'm telling is about my husband....but maybe I should start at the beginning......well maybe not the beginning, beginning........but at least further back than last week.......

Have you watched a young childs’ eyes light up with sheer delight when they spot something that makes them happy? It’s magical.
The clock stops, the room disappears, there is no noise and the only thing you see is the smile, and for a split second you’re caught up in a moment of wonderment.
Magic has happened and that warm fuzzy feeling is called love.
It wasn’t so long ago we were dragging our favourite toy around the house and dressing it up to be Mr Watchamacallit in our imaginary day at the zoo where the big creatures fly down from planet Mars to help the princess fairy get ready for the ball. We’ve just forgotten what it feels like. Caught up in a world of gadgets and gizmos, its nice to get back to the basics.

I love creating things, any thing really, and lately I've been creating soft dolls. Not the normal kind, mine are a little unusual.....but oh so cute.........and that's what everyone says when they see me at the market....."they're soooo cute"!......just a little bit is my reply ;-)
Before the dolls, was aprons, before that I was trying my hand at the love of my life, painting......some would say they were great....I always thought they were a work in progress...the thing I loved most about painting was I'd get lost in the moment.........a little bit of heaven in my own living room!!.....now my love is sewing....which is tully{kat} alley
a combination of my beloved cat,(tully) and now my daughters names, whose initials are A, K and T
here you'll find a couple of photos to get the “blog” rolling and when I start telling stories, I'll post some more
have a great day
This is me…….. Samia, mum of three!!!!

3 comments:

  1. what a lovely photo of you Sam!! BEAUTIFUL :)
    Ahhh the magic of child hood...hee hee hee...that is why I am choosing to not grow up, well, 90% of the time anyway!!
    xxm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done....the site looks great now we just have to get your systems in place :) You artist types :) You will have to come and check out some of Lucas's work when you visit next month xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kaaryne, speaking of Lucas, I'd like to add a link to him here, can you hunt up a photo for me?

    ReplyDelete